Applying for status within Canada can be time consuming. Here are some tips to help get it right the first time.
Steps and Tips
- Go to the Government of Canada site and choose from the available forms click here. Forms are available for ages 16+, and 15 and under.
- Ensure that your identification is on the approved list and has not expired. If it has expired read this section.
- Apply in person whenever possible – applying in person means that you do not have to send in original or certified copies of your identification. The copies will be made of your originals when you apply.
- For a list of locations where applications are accepted click here.
- Please note that some regional offices require appointments.
- If you are applying by mail, ensure that the individual completing the Guarantor Declaration meets the criteria required on the form. For Hwlitsum members and potential members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulty finding a guarantor.
- Some of the documentation in pdf form is linked below – please note that there may be a delay between the forms being updated and this website being updated.
Guarantor Declaration click here
SCIS Card Application click here
SCIS Card Application Instructions click here
Status Application click here
Status Application Instructions click here